Friday, March 28, 2008

Lunar Photography over spring break

Over spring break I took one of the telescopes from the Physics department to outer King County to get away from the sky haze. I intended to take photos of star clusters and galaxies with my digital SLR camera. However, those who stayed in WA for break would know the weather never really cleared up. On the clearest night, I went out to take photos, but found the moon was so bright I could see little else. So that is what I took photos of. The photo below is a mosiac of 11 photos of the moon stitched together, as the telescope could only see part of the moon at a time. The full size image is 30 megapixels, or 5400x5400 pixels. Click this link to see a larger version.
Next I will post some photos taken in the infrared. Next time weather clears up, Bernie and I will be heading up to the tower to try and capture some stars.

No comments: